RYDO TECHNOLOGIES PTY LTD ABN 69 611 475 113
1 Protecting your privacy
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we collect, and the ways in which we use that personal information.
Your privacy is important to us. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) when we handle personal information. The Privacy Act contains 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which provide the rules for how we must handle your personal information, including how you can request access to, and correction of, that information. Detailed information on the Privacy Act and the APPs can be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
2 Meaning of words
- related body corporate has the meaning given in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth); and
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
3 Your personal information
“Personal information” is information about an individual who is either identified in the information or their identity can be ascertainable from it. It includes information and opinions obtained from the individual themself or from a third party.
Personal information held by us includes your name, address, occupation, telephone or mobile phone numbers, email address and bank account or credit card details through which payment will be made and any username or password for any online account you may open with us on our website, mobile application or whilst using our services.
4 How we use your personal information
We do not ordinarily collect any information about you except where you provide it to us, or it is provided to us with your consent. In general, we do not use or disclose personal information collected about you other than for:
- a purpose you would reasonably expect;
- a purpose required or permitted by law; or
- a purpose otherwise disclosed to you or for which you have consented.
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- price and design our products and services;
- assist you to subscribe to our products and services;
- provide the products and services you require;
- manage our relationship with you;
- administer, improve and manage our products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service and products; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure.
5 Disclosures of personal information
We may exchange your information with our related bodies corporate, licensees, drivers and suppliers so that we may adopt an integrated approach to our customers. We and our related bodies corporate, licensees, drivers and suppliers may use this information for any of the purposes mentioned in section 4.
We may also disclose personal information about you, as appropriate, to:
- our employees, assignees, agents, contractors and external advisers;
- organisations which verify your identity;
- your agents, advisers, referees, executor, administrator, trustee, the beneficiary of any trust of which you are a
- trustee, your guardian, attorney or franchisor;
- law enforcement, regulatory and government bodies;
- anyone who introduces you to us;
- your and our auditors, insurers or prospective insurers and their underwriters;
- any person we consider necessary to execute your instructions; and
- other organisations (and their agents) with whom we have arrangements for the supply and marketing of our
- respective products and services, unless you ‘opt out’ of marketing (see below).
From time to time we may send your information overseas, including to overseas service providers or other third parties who operate or hold data outside Australia. Where we do this, we make sure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities.
6 Marketing ‘opt out’
If at any time you do not wish to receive further marketing information, you may ask us not to send you any further information about services and not to disclose your information to other organisations for that purpose. You may do this by contacting us at email@example.com.
7 Personal information about third parties
8 Maintaining the accuracy of your information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose on our website, mobile application and services is accurate, complete and up-to-date. 3
If you believe that personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
9 Accessing your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We may also charge a fee for giving you access to your personal information and will try to deal with your request within a reasonable time.
10 Security & the internet
We maintain strict procedures and standards and take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or unauthorised modification or disclosure of, your personal information and to protect it from misuse or loss.
However, we do not guarantee that information sent over the internet is secure.
11 Cookies on our website & mobile application
Cookies may collect and store personal information about you. We extend the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet and mobile application settings to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used, however this may affect the availability and functionality of the services offered through the Internet, our website and mobile application.
13 Contacting us